1.24.2010

Half Marathon

I ran in the Houston Half Marathon last weekend. It was a lot of fun. I have been training since last May, so it was pretty exciting to actually run the race. My goal was to finish in 2 hours and I finished in 1:56:12, so I was really happy!

Jacob & Ava came to cheer me on. They were at mile 9, but I didn't see them. They were also at the finish line and I did see and hear them cheering me on there. I hadn't charged my camera and it ran out of battery at the very end of the race. There aren't any pictures of me with my finishers medal, but here is one of me running.

You can also click here and see the official race pictures. My number was 23907.

Don't worry, I have a post about Ava coming very soon.

Joanie

3 comments:

  1. Wow, so proud of you! I wish yall lived closer so you could motivate me to fun.
    Btw, I love that you ran in a skirt. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! What an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad & I are really proud of you Joanie!

    ReplyDelete