I am a little late getting this posted, as Lucy is now 3 weeks old, but I wanted to share her birth story.
This time around my giving birth experience was a little different since Lucy was a scheduled c-section. Jacob and I woke up and got ready early Tuesday 12/28. We had packed our hospital bags the night before so we were able to wake up and get ready just like it was any other day. We got Ava up and gave her some yogurt (what she eats for breakfast almost every morning). Grandma, Big Papa & Jessica came over to play with Ava while Jacob & I headed to the hospital. I kept hugging Ava telling her I loved her and she was like "Okay Mom, I will see you later. I am trying to play with Big Papa now". Once at the hospital Jacob & I waited in the waiting room for about 45 minutes. Then I was taken into triage and changed into my hospital gown.
They took my blood and got my iv started and then Jama & Poppy came in to visit with us while we waited for an operating room. Once a room was ready we walked downstairs and I climbed on the operating table. While they were prepping me Jacob got dressed.
Once we got started things went really quickly. Lucy was born at 11:59 AM. She came into the world making lots of noise. Jacob & I fell in love immediately.
The operating room was really cold, so instead of me getting to nurse her immediately they had to take her and put her on the warmer. Luckily she warmed up quickly and was brought to us in the recovery room about an hour or so later.
Ava got to meet Lucy in the recovery room but wasn't quite ready to hold her yet.
Once we were in our room all of our guest got to hold Lucy. Aunt Jessica was first and got to hold the hungry baby.
Then the baby whisperer Scarlett held her. She held her for a long time. So long that I didn't get a picture of Aunt Shannon holding Lucy.
Then it was Aunt Michelle & Uncle Miles' turn to hold Lucy. Lucy started crying when Scarlett handed her to Michelle. Scarlett told Michelle that she should give Lucy back to her so that she could get her to stop crying.
Then Grandma & Big Papa got to love on Lucy.
And then Jama & Poppy had their turn.
Finally Uncle Brett & Ben had a chance to hold Lucy.
Ava was warming up to holding Lucy, but decided she still wasn't ready. She did like to touch her.
Jacob & I feel so lucky to have another healthy and beautiful daughter. We also felt so blessed to have all of our family there to celebrate Lucy's birth. I can't think of a better way to celebrate her birthday than to be surrounded by all the people we love.
We came home on Thursday 12/30 and Ava started helping us take care of Lucy right away.
It only took a couple of days of being home and Ava was ready to hold Lucy.
We have really been enjoying being a family of four. We are getting used to operating on less sleep again. We have days where we are exhausted, but it is so worth it. I wouldn't have it any other way.

What a beautiful post!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe she will be a month old on Friday! Thanks for letting us all be a part of the Lucy's birth. We love her very much, too!
ReplyDelete