Ava cracks us up these days. She seems to have had another word explosion. Everything she says is much more clear and she now understands everything.
Here are a few things she has said lately.
I helped host a baby shower last weekend and Ava was taking her nap when I got home. When I went to get her when she woke up she looked at me, surprised that I was back, and said "oh, are you finished taking your baby shower?".
Jacob was playing with Ava after work the other day and they were playing in her kitchen and she picked up the play phone and said "I am going to call Grandma." Then she said "Rog! I'm talking to Rog. Do you want to talk to Rog, Daddy?".
Yesterday after swim lessons I was getting the girls out of the car and Ava told me that I had to stay in the car. I asked her "if I stay in the car who will make you dinner, give you a bath and read you stories?" Ava just said very matter-o-factly "Daddy will do it."
Ava wants a bike so bad. We told her she could have one for her birthday. (Let the record show if it were up to me she would have one now. It is hard to make her wait.) Jacob tried to put his bike helmet on Ava the other day and she backed away and said "No, that isn't my helmet. I am going to get a bike helmet.". We have never talked about the color of her bike helmet. She just decided on her own that pink is the only color she can wear.
I couldn't write a post without a picture of Lucy. She is getting so big. She doesn't say anything funny yet, but she does laugh at her sister all the time. She is also rolling over! I have it on video and am trying to get it loaded on the blog. These girls are so amazing. I feel so lucky to be their mom.

Ava is hilarious! She is looking so grown up. Can't wait to see her and Lucy in June...oh, yeah, I'm excited to see you and Jacob, too. :)
ReplyDeleteI love it that she called Roger, Rog. It wasn't that long ago we all were hoping she would let someone else "do" something for her besides her mommy. She is a cutie, as is Lucy.
ReplyDeletePS-I think we have a pink helmet. Remind me to show you when you come up.
ReplyDelete