2.22.2012

Today Was A Good Day

Today was a good day. It was one of those days that you imagine when you think about becoming a stay at home mom. It was one of those days that just begs for responsibilities to be ignored and for fun to be had. So, that is what we did. I didn't do any laundry, didn't vacuum & didn't pick things up. I just played with my girls. Sure Ava broke a bowl & a glass (which she blamed on her sister), Lucy only napped for 40 minutes, and we had "take & bake" pizza for dinner, but it was all worth it. The cherry on top was Jacob was home for dinner so we all got to eat as a family.

Some days are three years old is really hard. I think this blog post is very accurate: http://www.rantsfrommommyland.com/2011/07/top-ten-reasons-why-3-is-worse-than-2.html. A good day every now and then can really make up for a few bad ones. Here are some pictures from our day.



Ava watching the workmen across the street.


We went for a walk.


Played at the playground with friends.


Ava made cookies.


Ava washed dishes.


Lucy danced while she snacked.


Ava put on all the Hershey kisses on by herself.


She rode her bike to the playground (for the second time in one day) with no hands.

Today was awesome.


2 comments:

  1. So glad y'all had an awesome day!

    Ps. I love those peanut butter cookies with chocolate kisses in them.

    Pss. When did Ava's legs become fourteen miles long!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like the best day! I miss you all.

    Michelle, I think Ava got Joanie's legs, Don't you?

    ReplyDelete