11.02.2010

Farm Trip 2010

A few weekends ago we went with our good friends the Prati's and the Robertsons' to Carrie's family farm in Flatonia, TX. This was our second time to go to the farm. We had an amazing time.

This years trip fell on the same weekend as Flatonia's annual festival Czhilispiel. We all arrived Saturday morning and spent some fun time on the farm. After lunch we headed up to Czhilispiel and went to the carnival. After a few hours at Czhilispiel we went back to the farm and enjoyed ourselves. That night after dinner and smores the kids (and pregnant wives) went to sleep, Carrie took all the grown up boys to the Stoney Larue concert at Czhilispiel. I hear they had a pretty fun time. I don't think they got in too much trouble. I know that Jacob & Martin came home with new cowboy hats.

Sunday morning we got up and had a yummy pancake breakfast. Football was on TV and lots of sports were played in the front yard. After our fun morning we all loaded up in the cars and headed to the Czhilispiel Parade. This was Ava's first parade and she loved it. There was a firetruck, old cars and lots of princesses and queens from nearby towns. After the parade we headed back to the farm and had lunch before we loaded the cars and headed home.

It was a wonderful weekend. We cannot wait to go back next year. It is so awesome that Carrie's family has such a great place to go and enjoy time with friends and family. We feel blessed to have such amazing friends and that our kids are going to grow up making memories together in such a special place.

Pictures from this years trip are in the slide show below. There were too many to post directly on the blog.
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize your own free picture slideshow

To see how much all the kids have grown you can go here and look at pictures from our farm trip last year. 

Joanie


4 comments:

  1. What great pictures and beautiful kiddos! Is the fish still alive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to watch the slide show several times, because it was so good.
    I too wanted to know about the fish, but have other questions and remarks:
    1. Those photos of Ava in her boots are priceless.
    2. Did you use any actions on those and the cow?
    3. Uncle Kevin is scaring me with that fire and whatever he is throwing on it.
    4. All those kids are so cute.
    5. Did Carrie feel like she was having to be the mother hen when she took the guys to town?
    6. I am assuming that is an old Czech community.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fish is alive and well. He seems very happy and Ava runs to see him first thing every morning. It is so cute!

    Mom - Yes, I used actions. I used PW colorized on one and softfaded on the other of Ava. I cannot remember what I did on the cow, but I am pretty sure I used an action.
    Kevin is putting water on the ground around the fire to control the burn. You will be happy to know that that was one of three burn piles going at the same time and they burned nicely and very controlled.
    Carrie is a brave women. To be the designated driver for 5 guys enjoying $2 beers takes a lot of patience. And some Journey, from what I hear.
    Yes, Czech community. Czhilispiel is pronounced Chili Spill. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I was going to ask for the transliteration.

    ReplyDelete