12.08.2010

Thanksgiving 2010

I am way behind on my posting. We have been super busy celebrating the holidays and enjoying our last couple of months as a family of three. I am sure I am only going to get further and further behind when Lucy gets here, (only 19 days left).

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. We celebrated with the Brier's this year. All of the DFW Brier's came to Houston to celebrate. On Thanksgiving day we went to Mike & Sharon's for dinner. We had a great time and got to visit with family we don't get to see often enough. Including getting to meet Baby Dash. He is adorable and can't wait to see him again.

After Thanksgiving dinner Michelle & Miles came over and watched the Aggie game. It was wonderful to watch ATM beat Texas with family. :)

On Friday Jama, Poppy, Michelle, Miles, Brett, Shannon, Ben & Scarlett came over. It was cold and rainy in the morning and we didn't know if we were going to be able to get out of the house. Luckily around lunch time the skies parted and the sun started to shine. We all loaded up in the cars and headed for a yummy lunch at James Coney Island. After that we decided that a trip to the zoo was just what the doctor ordered. We were so lucky because the zoo was empty! I guess the early morning rain kept people away. We enjoyed seeing the Meerkats and Baby Elephants as always. Ben really liked the Komodo Dragons. We were really lucky that the zoo was empty because Ben, Scarlett & Ava really needed to run. They ran the entire time we were at the zoo. If we were stopped to look at animals they just ran in circles. Needless to say they had a great time. After the zoo we headed back to our house and enjoyed dinner together. Everyone went home Sunday morning. It was such a great weekend. I am so happy that all of the cousins love to play together so much. It makes me wish we could all get together all the time.

I put together a little slide show from the weekend. There aren't that many pictures because it is hard to photograph kids when they are in constant motion. :) Enjoy!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This slideshow design created with Smilebox

2 comments:

  1. Very, very cute! Poppy & I loved the blog and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reliving all of the great memories! It's so fun to read your blog and feel like we're together, again. I also must say that I have some stylish nieces!

    ReplyDelete